Wednesday, August 03, 2011

Harris Creek Canyon - between Port Renfrew and Cowichan Lake

Harris Creek Canyon - between Port Renfrew and Cowichan Lake

From Places I've wandered

Cruising around corners on the back route between Port Renfrew and Lake Cowichan we came upon this bridge shooting across Harris Creek and the Island Alpinist (Karsten) wanted to check out a site for a possible rappel.
From Places I've wandered

From Places I've wandered

I looked down at the water below
From Places I've wandered

and figured I'd find a way down closer..
From Places I've wandered

or at least for a better view ;)
From Places I've wandered

Two birds came swooping down the canyon just a few inches off of the cold green water
From Places I've wandered

One of them landed on the rock wall across the creek
From Places I've wandered

As I continued down to the edge of the water where it stretched out and calmed down
From Places I've wandered

to a place where I could stop for a few moments and pause; and ponder...
From Places I've wandered

before making my way once more up the hillside through the sword fern carpet and the red alder stands
From Places I've wandered
From Places I've wandered

and with that it was time to head out on our way once again
From Places I've wandered

farewell Che
From Places I've wandered

Next we'll travel by old forest industry remains and discover the tale of the kidnapping of Pedro! See you soon!

The Maplemusketeer

2 comments:

Lee said...

Would love to know what camera you are using for your photos. They are phenomenal and so clear and bright. Beautiful pics!

Maplemusketeer said...

Hello Lee! Thanks so much for your comment! Unfortunately.. this post is from 4 years ago and I don't even recall what camera I was using then! LOL I think I may have borrowed by Dad's Canon for that trip. I've been a rambling phototraveller for a number of years now and tend to use whichever camera I can get my hands on!

Right now I'm using a SONY NEX-3 :)