Saturday, July 14, 2007

My Favorite Book Ever?

I need to read it again, as it has been awhile, and who knows how I've changed. But my suspicion is that it will most likely retain it's position at (or at least very near) the top of my favorite book list. The book I speak of? Here's a quote by the author in reference to his book..

“How can they (i.e. the gods) meet us face to face till we have faces? The idea was that a human being must become real before it can expect to receive any message from the superhuman; that is, it must be speaking with its own voice (not one of its borrowed voices), expressing its actual desires (not what it imagines that it desires), being for good or ill itself, not any mask, veil, or persona.”


So the book in question? Till We Have Faces: A Myth Retold by C.S. Lewis (of Narnia and the Space Trilogy fame) The Myth Retold? Cupid and Psyche
Now I suppose I should get back to my school work :)

Incidentally, if you're wishing to enjoy some of the health benefits of the Ice Swimming tradition (found in Nordic countries, Russia, China, Canada, USA, Belgium.. ok it's fairly popular) but don't have a frozen over body of water with a hole hacked in it, you could still stimulate your bodies circulation and what not, by concluding your morning shower with a session of cold water spray.

Interesting that the stuff that's good for us often isn't the most comfortable.. :)

No comments: